It is so hard to believe that it has been so long since we have updated this blog! I have such great intentions when it comes to this blog but finding the time to sit and be still... yeah that kind of escapes me.
We are done with our paperwork and homestudy and we will be sending it to the courier tomorrow to be authenticated and such. It will go to the Chinese Embassy in Washington and get all stamped up and prettied. But believe me that I will be waiting with baited breath until it is safely at WACAP! Once it leaves us it will go directly to our agency for review. We are however waiting for a clearance from GA from the time Shannon spent there in the Army. Somewhere between sending off our immigration and our homestudy being done GA opened up it's clearance data base. So we will need to get an addendum to our homestudy once that comes back. We will get a "pink slip" from immigration since it isn't all together. Please pray that this is done quickly. This has been the most frustrating adoption paperchase by far and mercy, I am pooped! Seems as soon as we get one step ahead something comes up to push is back. But we will not falter. God is in control and that is just what I keep telling myself.
We did get an update and she really hasn't grown too much since we got her last update in December. She is really so incredibly precious. Another family was able to get a 3 minute video of her and she has the sweetest voice and you can just tell she is full of personality!
People have asked for ways that they can help us. I normally don't just put things out there but we need help financially. It is so hard for me to put that out there but this really isn't about me. It is about bringing our daughter home.
We had some things come up and left us with very little in our savings. LoveGave and a generous donation from a family in our home church was applied to our homestudy and agency fees. We actually owe our agency a whopping $30.00 which is amazing and God has moved some serious mountains for our Everly. We will be yard sale with a few other families at our church in May, we are tossing around having a family fair/craft kind of thing. We will do whatever we have to do to bring our girl home.
I know that God has this. I know His plan is for us. But my flesh begins to fret when it comes to bringing her home. We are saving for travel right now and her orphanage donation. We have established that only one of us may be traveling.
Please pray for our family that we not have anymore set backs ad that the much needed funds will come to us and that we will be given the opportunity to work and save more. Please pray for Everly that her heart will be open to our family and she will make a smooth transition away from the only home she has ever known.